Prior to Closing:
- Know who is conducting the closing.
- Know when (time and date) the closing is.
- Know where the closing is.
- Know how much you need to pay at the closing.
- Review your closing documents.
- Arrange your payment for the amount due at closing.
At the Closing:
- Bring a Cashier’s check or proof of wire transfer for exact amount of money needed to close.
- Bring your Driver’s License/ID.
- Understand how you will pay your property taxes and homeowner’s insurance.
- Understand where you will send your monthly payments.
- Understand how do pay Homeowner’s Association Insurance, if applicable.
- Know who to call after the closing if you have any questions.
- Take your time to make sure you understand all of your closing documents.
After the Closing:
- Save all important documents.
- Change your address (bank accounts, credit card companies, United States Postal Service, DMV, bills, etc.).
- Review your Homeowner’s Insurance.